Hikers, para-gliders, mountain bikers and all those who love beautiful views should head up the mountain with the Bezau cable car. Guests, especially mountain bikers with mountain bikes, may alight at the Sonderdach half-way station. The second leg of the cable car journey leads to the Baumgarten mountain station where there is a modern panorama restaurant with a terrace close at hand.
- From the Baumgarten mountain station there is a leisurely panorama trail that leads to beautiful vantage points in about 1.5 hours. The trail first ascends to the Niedere Höhe (1,711 m) before branching off to the left and leading down to the Vordere Niederealpe (mountain inn). From here, one can hike another 20 minutes back to the Baumgarten mountain station. Along the way it’s fun to observe the many para-gliders starting their aerial journey into the valley.
- There is also an enjoyable 3.5-hour ‘culinary’ day hike that leads from the Baumgarten mountain station to the mid-pasture settlement of Schönenbach.
- The Baumgarten panorama restaurant features a terrace with a viewing platform on the roof
- The Alpe Leugher mountain pasture, which is located close to the Sonderdach hut, is open from May to September and offers homemade mountain cheese, milk, and butter
Good to know
- The Bezau cable car and the Baumgarten panorama restaurant are barrier-free accessible.
- Mountain bikes can be transported only as far as the Sonderdach middle station (€2 per bike)
through to 1 November;
7/8, 14/15 November
Every half hour from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
26 October – 15 November 9 a.m. – 4.30 p.m. at 20 and 50 minutes past the hour – if necessary without pause