The peak of the 2,090-m Diedamskopf is located just minutes from the mountain station. Visitors can enjoy stunning mountain views from this vantage point. When the weather is fine, the views extend all the way to Lake Constance. As a launching off point, para-gliders and hang-gliders love the area because the Alpine meadows reach all the way up to the peak. The other side of the mountain is rather rocky and impressive to behold. After exploring, the mountain restaurant with its sun terrace is a great place to unwind. From here there are numerous hiking trails leading onward.
Family tip: Didi’s kiddie adventure land
There is a supervised kids’ adventure area at the mountain station of the Diedamskopf cable cars. It is open daily from 29 June to 6 October from 10 am to 3.30 pm. During the shoulder seasons, it is open on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. Kids ages 3-8 are eligible for supervised care free of charge. There is also a parents-kids area with play equipment for kids up to age three.
- Sun-downer trips take place every Thursday from 16 July to 10 September from 6 to 10.30 pm.
- Mountain breakfast (8-11 am) is available from 14 July to 9 September every Tuesday and Wednesday (first ascent at 8 am).
- Panorama restaurant at the mountain station
- Neuhornbachhaus mountain inn
- Managed Alpine huts
- Ice-cream café at the valley station
Good to know
- Cable car and restaurant at the mountain station are barrier-free accessible.
- Mountain bikes are transported as far as the middle station (€3.50 per bike).
30 May – 11 October: daily
Lift operating hours
8.45 am – 4.15 pm